Happy Cinco De Mayo to all. There is a potluck lunch being held at the Pavilion starting this Sunday, May 5, at 1:00 pm.
As we go into May, following are some things to know:
- The burn pit is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9AM to 1PM. Thankfully, the volunteer list has been filled for the summer.
- The RV Dump Station is now open with running water that is NON POTABLE.
- The Reservoir remains closed because it is still too polluted to stock and all the fish have died. There is a lot of work that needs to be done, and some of it can be done by volunteers. For a list of work that volunteers can do, please contact the office.
- The open top dumpsters will be here during Memorial Weekend. They will be placed in the office area for security. The hours of use are as follows.
- May 24th, 08:00 to 17:00
- May 25th. 08:00 to 17:00
- May 26th. 08:00 until full
- Absolutely no overnight dumping. Remember there are cameras to enforce this.
We have an opening for 2 horses if you are interested. $100 for six months per horse on pasture. All feeding and horse care is the responsibility of the owner.
There is a lot of concern about loose dogs lately and I recommend that you call Park County Animal Control (719) 836-4125 if you have problems.
Summer is just around the corner, and if you plan on camping up here and having a campfire, call for the current Burn Ban restrictions (719) 836-4121 or call Hartsel Fire during the Week (719) 836-3500.