November 20, 2013
The morning after our first real snow of 2013
I thought about what to write this time, and because it is so busy and people don?t have a lot of extra time to sit and read someone else?s thoughts, I?ll keep it brief. I want to share a few things that I?m thankful for.
- My faith in God and knowing He takes care of my family, friends and me.
- My husband, Terry. He?s my best friend, and I feel so blessed to be able to say that!
- My children, their spouses and my grandchildren. I love being Mema!! I know what it feels like to have my heart melt when they wrap their arms around my neck, give me a hug and say, ?I love you, Mema!?
- My/our wonderful friends.
- Our beautiful home that my husband built.
- Our beloved dog, Dammie who is still running around and doing well at over 20-years old! He?s a marvel!
- The jobs my husband and I have. We?re very lucky to have such great jobs living up here in the mountains where jobs aren?t always plentiful!
That?s a good start. Have you taken time to think about what you are thankful for? It?s a great exercise in realizing the wonderful things we are surrounded by every day.
One more thing I?m thankful for: YOU! Thank you for being a neighbor. What a wonderful place we live in!
Hope to see you at the Christmas party on Saturday, December 14th! I?m looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!
Treasurer,? RORA BOD